- My name is Meredith Roberts and I am a Masters level, licensed Marital and Family Therapist with 15 years of experience helping clients create more abundant and fulfilling lives. As a practitioner and educator, I have expertise in individual, couples & family therapy, group therapy and college-level teaching. My passion is to help clients create an authentic life by finding a sense of life balance, personal empowerment, and fulfillment of personal goals.
- With warmth and personal attention, I will help you visualize a more fulfilling life and implement a plan towards your desired goals. I am skilled at understanding the process of change and what motivates specific individuals to take action. As your therapist, I can help you understand the roadblocks that keep you from accomplishing your goals, empower you to remove them, and help you to live a more abundant life!
Areas of specialty include:
- Pregnancy support and postpartum adjustment; transition to motherhood
- Life Balance, including prioritizing work, family and self
- Marital & family issues including parenting strategies, premarital counseling, blended family issues, divorce adjustment, improved family cohesiveness and communication.
- Anxiety and depression, obsessive compulsive disorders, perfectionism
- Relationship improvement skills, including effective communication, setting boundaries and codependency issues
- Life transitions, such as birth of a child, new job, new marriage or divorce
- Eating disorders, emotional eating and other addictive/compulsive behaviors
- Body image issues
- Health and nutrition; whole body wellness
My belief is that we all have within us the desire to improve our lives, no matter what our circumstances. We have good intentions to work towards a fulfilling life. However, much like a short-lived new year resolution, without an action plan, support and accountability, we remain stuck in a less than desirable life. Sometimes we need a little guidance, encouragement and support to uncover the steps needed to make positive life changes. This is where I can help.
My mission is to help you create a better life!
You deserve it and you are worth it!
Meredith is married and has two wonderful boys, ages 8 and 11 mos. Her hobbies include reading, writing, enjoying live music and theater, and doting on her two dogs.