How can therapy benefit me?
Therapy can provide a safe and supportive environment in which to explore personal or relational issues. It can help in the following ways:
- Improved relationship skills
- Improved conflict resolution skills
- Support and feedback during difficult life challenges
- Adjustment to and acceptance of life transitions (e.g., birth of a child)
- Improvement in anxiety and depression
- Enhanced sense of self and improved self esteem
- Improved boundaries
- Increased self care
- Provide alternate perspectives on long-standing problems
- Improved family cohesiveness
Therapy is most beneficial when the client takes an active role in their healing. You will achieve faster results if you are willing to work both in sessions and outside of sessions. At times, therapy may be supplemented by journaling, reading or other assignments as related to the client's goals. While I am highly educated and skilled at implementing multiple treatment modalities, it is the client who will best determine therapeutic outcomes. As your guide, I am here to support, encourage and teach.
In general, therapy has been clinically shown to be effective in reducing life stress.
Do you accept insurance?
- I accept Anthem/Blue Cross and Blue Shield Insurance. If you have Anthem, I will electronically submit the claims for our sessions. You will be responsible for the co-payment at the time of the session. It is important to call Anthem prior to our first session to determine if you have an out of pocket deductible for outpatient mental health services, approved number of sessions and co-payment amount.
- If you have other insurance, you will be responsible for full payment at the time of the session. If requested, I will provide a billing receipt with all the necessary information for you to receive reimbursement. It is necessary to check with your insurance prior to our first session to determine if pre-authorization is needed.
What is the difference between Therapy and Life Coaching?
- Life Coaching involves the achievement of a specific goals and includes attainment of orderly steps in a particular time-frame. It is very directive and involves consistent work via targeted assignments.
- Therapy involves an examination of thoughts, beliefs and behaviors as they impact one's life. Often, long standing patterns, childhood and history are examined as related to current life stress.
Please note: Life Coaching is not covered under insurance plans
- If requested, a blend between therapy and life coaching may be provided.