Meredith Roberts, M.S., LMFT
Helping Women Lead Balanced & Connected Lives
"A Journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step" -Confucius
How can therapy benefit me?
Therapy can provide a safe and supportive environment in which to explore personal or relational issues. It can help in the following ways:
- Improved relationship skills
- Improved conflict resolution skills
- Support and feedback during difficult life challenges
- Adjustment to and acceptance of life transitions (e.g., birth of a child)
- Improvement in anxiety and depression
- Enhanced sense of self and improved self esteem
- Improved boundaries
- Increased self-care
- Provide alternate perspectives on long-standing problems
- Improved family cohesiveness
Therapy is most beneficial when the client takes an active role in their healing. You will achieve faster results if you are willing to work both in sessions and outside of sessions. At times, therapy may be supplemented by journaling, reading or other assignments as related to the client's goals. While I am highly educated and skilled at implementing multiple treatment modalities, it is the client who will best determine therapeutic outcomes. As your guide, I am here to support, encourage and teach.
In general, therapy has been clinically shown to be effective in reducing life stress.
Do you accept insurance?
- I do not accept insurance. However, some plans will give partial reimbursement for out of network providers. If requested, I am happy to provide a billing receipt with all the necessary information for you to receive such reimbursement. I recommend you check with your insurance directly regarding out of network benefits.
What is the difference between Therapy and Life Coaching?
- Life Coaching involves the achievement of a specific goals and includes attainment of orderly steps in a particular timeframe. It is very directive and involves consistent work via targeted assignments.
- Therapy involves an examination of thoughts, beliefs and behaviors as they impact one's life. Often, long standing patterns, childhood and history are examined as related to current life stress.
- Please note: Life Coaching is not covered under insurance plans
If requested, a blend between therapy and life coaching may be provided.
"Care more about what your soul longs for than what other people think" -Cheryl Richardson